I asked ChatGPT to write this blog for me, but it spat out pure garbage. Maybe by the summer, it will learn my voice, and I won’t have to write these every month (JK, I LOVE these).
Until then, here are my April content ideas for agents!
April 1st: April Fools’ Day
Do something like THIS to one of your clients:
Don’t actually do that—you will get fired immediately. This is a tough holiday to trendjack, but here are some ideas:
- Share a real estate fact that isn’t true, and then refute it. For example, you could say something like, “Did you know that homes sell for 30% more if the seller follows you around during the showings and explains everything about the house to the buyer!?” Then you can say, “April Fools, studies actually show that the buyer gets turned off by the presence of the seller and is less likely to make an offer.” (I’m not sure if that’s true, but you get the point.)
- If you have a competitively priced listing, you can say something like, “This is NOT an April Fools’ joke, this house is listed for …”
- Send an email blast with some insane subject like “Quitting Real Estate Forever!” In the body of the email, say, “JK, here are all my new listings.” This is also a good REEL or Hook idea.
Now, you have ONE DAY to execute all of this. Good luck!
April 5th – 13th: Passover
Not much here in terms of content specific ideas. But good in terms of pop-by ideas. Mail out your favorite Passover specific recipes.
April 9th: Easter & April 16th: Orthodox Easter
Last year the joke was that the real estate market was like one big Easter egg hunt, except there were no eggs. That joke still kind of applies because of low inventory, but it’s less of a buyer frenzy.
You could always dress up like a bunny for content.
Ok, let’s get serious. Here are some Easter ideas for agents:
- Personal life: If you celebrate Easter, holidays are always a great time to show your family and give your followers/clients a peek into your personal life.
- Pop-bys: Give Easter eggs to your clients or potential clients with your business card and a coupon or something of value to make it memorable.
- Reel Idea: Hook: Here are the 3 best restaurants in (your area) for Easter Brunch. Proceed to Green Screen your favorite spots.
April 18th: BAM’s Birthday
Save the date. Something BIG is coming.
April 18th: Tax Day
Instagram’s Trend Report said that people, especially Gen Z, are actually searching on Instagram for financial advice and help. This is a great time to be the “Knowledge Broker” on all things taxes and finances for your followers.
I have no idea what I’m talking about with this, but I asked ChatGPT for some ideas for agents to post about, and it got back in my good graces.
Content ideas for tax season:
- Share tax tips for homeowners: Offer helpful tips for homeowners as they navigate tax season. This could include information on tax deductions for home improvements, tips for tracking home-related expenses, and advice for handling rental income from investment properties.
- Offer advice on how to maximize tax benefits of owning a home: Share tips on how owning a home can help with taxes, including the mortgage interest deduction, property tax deduction, and more. Help your audience understand how owning a home can impact their tax return.
- Provide information on tax deadlines: Keep your audience informed on important tax deadlines and how they may impact their real estate transactions. This can include deadlines for filing taxes, property tax payments, and more.
- Showcase properties with tax benefits: Highlight properties that offer tax benefits for buyers, such as those located in designated opportunity zones or properties that qualify for historic tax credits.
- Explain how to use tax refunds for a down payment: Offer advice on how potential home buyers can use their tax refund as a down payment for a new home. Share information on how to save for a down payment and how a tax refund can help.
April 20th: 4/20
Depending on your audience, here are some content ideas you can play around with:
- Best late-night munchie posts.
- Dispensary locations.
- Best/most scenic places to “blaze.”
- If marijuana has been legalized in your state, talk about how it’s affected the real estate in your area. If it hasn’t, talk about if they are voting on it and poll your audience.
At the very least, you can put some Slightly Stoopid in the background of some of your Reels.
April 22nd: Earth day
I dunno, offer some eco-friendly home tips.
NOTABLE SPORTING EVENTS
April 1st-April 3rd: Final Four
Shockingly, a top-three seed did not make the Final Four, and my U of A Wildcats lost to Princeton in the first round. So, naturally, I’ve been trying to ignore the tournament at all costs.
For those not paying attention, we have UCONN, FAU, Miami, and San Diego State playing Saturday, with the Championship Game on Monday. For content, you could do what we said last month: “Here are the best bars to watch the Final Four in.”
April 6th-April 9th: Masters in Augusta
If you’re sitting at an open house you have to have the Masters on. Your guests will appreciate it. The music is perfect, and it’s peaceful, yet exciting.
For golf-centric content, you can show the nicest courses in your area. If you have any listings in or around golf courses, this is the perfect time to promote them.
MLB Started, NBA and NHL are entering the playoffs in mid-April
Look out for meme-able moments in press conferences.
April Social Media Tips
Meta Verified has launched in America. That means you can get your blue check verification. I do recommend doing this because I think it will help combat copycat accounts and might even improve your engagement. I’ve already noticed more and more recommended posts in my feed, and most of them are verified.
Other than that, focus on Green Screen Reels and Carousels. Same as last month.
POP CULTURE & MOVIES
I mentioned this last month, but April will be the month of Succession. There will be plenty of memes to come. Use the Succession music in the background.
Super Mario Bros
Comes out on April 5th…
You may have seen videos from TikTok’s latest overnight sensation, aka Jake Shane. He’s amassed 1.5 million followers within the last couple of weeks for his dramatic reenactments of historical events.
TIKTOK SOUNDS & TRENDS
Every agent needs to prioritize creating captivating content on TikTok, but it’s not always easy to find inspiration. Here are some trending TikTok sounds for April.
#1— Hope This Doesn’t Become Illegal
What’s something you can’t (and won’t) stop doing at work?
#2— We Really Got Him With This One
If you’ve ever done something petty as an agent, you can use this audio to confess.
Great sound to show off a cool feature in a listing.
#4— Watcha Doin
Great opportunity to talk about all the times you’ve been caught wasting time or doing something you shouldn’t be doing.
#5— Make Your Own Kind Of Music
I can think of countless opportunities to use this trend in this industry.