BAM's Key Details
- Instagram is rolling out several new features to promote connection and drive more traffic to the app
- The notes, stories, and collaborative features introduce creative ways to connect with your audience
This week, a post from Instagram CEO Adam Mosseri revealed several new updates to Instagram that emphasize sharing and connecting with the people you care about.
Here are the newest updates from Instagram and how to leverage them for your business.
Instagram is in the early stages of rolling out a new feature called “Notes.” Notes are short posts of up to 60 characters using only text and emojis that serve as a way to share your thoughts and see what your friends are up to.
Notes give people a casual and spontaneous way to express themselves and connect with each other, from asking for recommendations to sharing what they’re up to.
Agents can leverage the notes feature to keep in casual touch with clients or ask for advice or opinions from other agents. And as you start seeing your followers post notes, use it as an opportunity to engage with them.
To leave a note, follow these steps:
- Go to the top of your inbox
- Click “Leave a note” and type up to 60 characters in the prompt box
- Select “followers you follow back” or your “Close Friends list”
Your note will appear at the top of selected inboxes for 24 hours, and any replies will arrive as DMs in your inbox.
Notes may be a fantastic tool to start meaningful conversations on Instagram like never before!
Finally, a chance to unplug from social media without offending anyone!
This one quietly rolled out earlier this year, so we wonder how many people know about it. Instagram users can now set up away messages with Instagram’s auto-reply feature. Users will get a personalized message when they text you while you are not using the app or when you’ve switched to offline status.
To set up away messages, follow these steps:
- Go to Meta Business Suite
- Choose Away Message in the automated responses menu.
- Select the Instagram box.
Click + Add Time to set times for your automated message to be sent.
More Instagram Updates
In addition to away messages and Notes, Instagram is testing the following updates for increased collaboration and spontaneous posts.
Group Profiles: You’ll soon be able to use Group Profiles to direct content to specific audiences instead of posting to your Feed (similar to Facebook Groups, which are incredible for becoming known in your community). To create a new Group Profile, tap the + and select Group Profiles.
Collaborative Collections: IG is testing a way to connect with others over shared interests. Simply save a post to a collaborative collection or 1:1 DMs. Agents can use this feature to save content ideas, agent tactics, or other educational information with colleagues or employees.
“Add Yours” Nominations In Stories: Instagram is now testing an update to “Add Yours,” where you can invite others to participate. Tap “pass it on” when you see a prompt that reminds you of someone. This could drive engagement and share different aspects of your business with clients and colleagues.
- Candid Stories: Instagram is following in the footsteps of TikTok as the next social media app to try to replicate the massively popular social media app BeReal. Gaining massive popularity with Gen Z this year, BeReal is meant to encourage people to be more authentic instead of posting filtered photos and edited videos. The concept of “Candid Stories” is the same. On IG, capture a candid from the stories camera, the multi-author story at the top of the feed, or the daily notification reminder that starts after your first candid. Candid is a great tool to remain authentic on Instagram and remind your followers that you’re a real person!