BAM Key Details:
- Meta announced it is testing a new subscription service, Meta Verified, which will verify Instagram and Facebook accounts.
- The subscription service is priced at $11.99 per month on the web or 14.99 monthly for Apple iOS and Android users.
- Meta Verified will roll out in Australia and New Zealand this week, with more countries to follow.
First GIFs, and now a subscription service?! Meta is seriously stepping up its game.
On Sunday, Meta announced what we’ve all been waiting for: Meta Verified, a subscription service that will allow users to verify Instagram and Facebook accounts.
If you’ve ever been plagued by impersonators—or worse, suddenly had your account deleted out of nowhere—you know how huge this is.
Meta Verified could change everything for real estate agents, so get ready to take your online presence to the next level!
Meta Verified is More than a Blue Badge
Meta Verified comes just a couple of months after Twitter relaunched its subscription service, Twitter Blue.
With Meta’s service, users can use a government ID to verify Instagram and Facebook accounts and gain the coveted blue badge. But that’s not all Meta Verified will do.
Here’s what the subscription service will cover, according to Meta:
- A verified badge—confirming you’re the real you
- Protection from impersonation—including proactive account monitoring for creators with growing audiences
- Connection with a real person—when you need help with account issues
- Increased visibility and reach—in search, comments and recommendations
- Exclusive features—to express yourself in different ways
Meta Verified is being rolled out in Australia and New Zealand this week, with more countries to follow. The subscription bundle for Instagram and Facebook will be priced at $11.99 per month on the web or $14.99 per month on Apple iOS and Android.
Big News for Real Estate Agents
It’s not exactly easy to get your account verified as a real estate agent—even for those with hundreds of thousands of followers (like @thebrokeagent). And because so many agents are creators with large followings, they’re an easy target for impersonators and hackers.
Meta Verified will help to eliminate this headache by protecting against copy accounts and ensuring you’re the only one with access to your online presence.
And if what Meta says is true, a verification badge isn’t the only thing creators will receive. Another major part of the service is the increased visibility and reach. We don’t know exactly how this will play out yet, but we’re all for anything that helps to gain visibility and recommendations in the algorithm.
For more details about Meta Verified, visit the Meta blog or Mark Zuckerberg’s Meta Channel on Instagram (from your mobile device).