If you’re struggling with your Instagram marketing, I’ve got just the prescription you need.
Whether you’re building a new Instagram account or you’re just not seeing the engagement you were hoping for, you’re not alone in wondering what on earth it will take to build an active and connected community and get some solid leads for your business.
Plenty of others are in the same place as you, wondering what to try next. But if you’re ready to take consistent action, using strategies from the prescription that fits your problem, it won’t be long before you see some encouraging results.
Let’s start with three simple but effective prescriptions for challenges every Instagrammer can relate to.
If you’re struggling with engagement…
You’re putting yourself out there, but it seems like no one notices—or cares. It’s not because you have nothing to say that deserves attention; it’s more likely the way you’re presenting it. It also has a lot to do with how much you are engaging with others. Try this fix:
- One dose of interactive content per day: Use Instagram’s features like polls, quizzes, and questions to encourage engagement with your followers.
- Three doses of variety in your content: Experiment with different types of content like carousel posts, Stories, Reels and green screens to keep your audience engaged.
- Engage with three accounts per day: Respond to comments and direct messages, and seek out new accounts to follow and engage with.
Want some content ideas to get the wheels turning? Here are 30 you need to try:
If you’re struggling to gain new followers…
Focus on connecting with your target audience—not on how many of them follow you. The more you engage with the people who appreciate your content, the more likely they are to engage with and share it. Meanwhile, their feedback, combined with your regular practice (trial and error), will help you improve your content and reach more of the people you want to serve.
- One dose of targeted content per day: Create content that speaks directly to your target audience and provides value to them. Use relevant, narrow hashtags.
- Engage with at least two accounts per day in your target market: Like, comment, and share content from accounts that are relevant to your target audience.
- Create and post one dose of high-quality, valuable content each day: Focus on creating content that solves problems, educates, or inspires your target audience—and that they will want to bookmark for later.
Still wondering why people don’t follow you back? Here are some possible reasons:
If you’re struggling with confidence online…
Everyone putting themselves out there—especially on video—has had to deal with the fear of being “cringey.” If you can’t look back at something you created and cringe (at least a little), chances are you haven’t grown since then. Embrace the cringe and let people see who you are.
Some will relate, and some won’t. Focus on delivering value for those who do.
- One dose of self-reflection per day: Take time to reflect on your unique value proposition (USP) and why you are passionate about real estate. Use this to build confidence in your brand and your ability to provide value to your audience.
- Two doses of personal content per week: Share personal stories, experiences, and insights that showcase your personality and build a connection with your audience.
- Engage with three accounts per day: Like, comment, and share content from accounts that inspire you or that you admire in the real estate industry.
Is fear still blocking you from knowing what to say? Generate some outlines, topics, or caption summaries for your content with these ChatGPT strategies:
Note: Side effects may include increased engagement, new followers, and improved brand awareness. Please consult Coffee & Contracts if you’re looking for more ways to boost your brand!