YouTube is the number one video platform real estate agents overlook as a profitable form of business. 

In fact, BAM just conducted a survey in partnership with 1000watt, which showed only 7% of agents prioritize YouTube for their business.

It may be because you are not comfortable with getting in front of the camera, or you may not know where to begin on YouTube. First, you should know and understand that long-form content like videos on YouTube will be a vital part of your business moving forward. And if you’re asking yourself, “Why?” we have you covered. 

BAM Creator Tom Storey recently gave an insightful webinar on “YouTube Strategy For Real Estate Agents” and shared six reasons why he believes YouTube is the best social media platform for your business. (And if you want to watch the full webinar, find it on BAMx.)

#1—Reach a Targeted Audience

Compared to door-knocking, creating YouTube videos allows real estate agents to reach a much larger and more targeted audience. 

While knocking on doors may offer a one-on-one connection, YouTube enables agents to engage with potential buyers and sellers at scale. Even with just 500 views, agents can impact many interested individuals within their local market—or beyond.

#2—Become a Better Real Estate Agent

Real estate agents equip themselves with valuable knowledge by filming videos about their market, what’s happening in the community, and critical market statistics such as inventory levels, months of inventory, and sales price ratios. 

This information empowers agents to confidently answer questions about the market when approached by potential clients. Understanding the numbers and trends puts agents in a better position to provide accurate advice and ultimately be seen as a reliable authority in the field.

#3—Silent Audience Outweighs Negative Comments

Only some viewers will leave a comment or hit the like button on YouTube, but don’t worry, they are still engaged. Often, people consume content and move on with their lives, silently observing and absorbing the information. While there might be negative comments occasionally, it’s essential to focus on the silent majority who find value in the content and may become potential clients.

#4—Stepping Out of the Comfort Zone

Creating YouTube videos can be daunting, especially for those not accustomed to being in front of a camera. However, venturing out of one’s comfort zone can lead to tremendous growth and personal development. 

As real estate agents consistently produce videos, they become more confident, articulate, and relatable, building stronger connections with their audience. And if you need help figuring out how to start, read Tom Storey’s YouTube formula

#5—The 1% Rule

Consistency is critical to YouTube’s success. The 1% rule suggests that only a tiny fraction of viewers will actively engage with content creators through comments, likes, or shares. However, these involved viewers are crucial in building a loyal following. Over time, this dedicated audience will grow, making the effort worthwhile. 

Keep in mind that only 3-5% of the time, people are making a real estate transaction and need you in their life. The other 95% of the time, people don’t care about you. Just because your viewers don’t respond to you doesn’t mean they don’t like you. It means they don’t need you in your life right now—but if you give up, you will never know. 

Real estate agents often maintain a database of potential clients. It’s essential to recognize that only a tiny percentage of these contacts will need your services anytime. Remaining patient and staying visible through YouTube helps maintain brand awareness, so when those in your database require assistance, you’re at the forefront of their minds. 

#6Visibility Beats Ability

Visibility is marketing, and ability is sales. You can be the most skilled salesperson in the world, but if no one knows about you, you won’t be doing much business. Of course, you need the ability to convert leads into clients and get them through the transaction, but it all starts with that visibility. And YouTube is the perfect platform to increase your visibility.

There is no better time than the present. If you want to generate more leads and reach a wider audience, YouTube is the way to go, but it must be done right. 

Sign up for BAMx and get instant access to Tom Storey’s “Lights, Camera, Leads.” Use discount code STOREY23 to get 10% off your annual subscription.