welcome to the BAM CONTRIBUTOR PROGRAM
The key to surviving real estate: industry news, edutainment & humor.
BAM is always looking for new ideas and creative outlooks from industry professionals. As a top-producing agent, broker, team lead, or content creator, you have valuable experiences and information to share. And BAM will help you spread the word!
We all know the industry is tough. BAM contributors make it more manageable (and entertaining) by providing expertise on real estate news, agent marketing, agent tactics, the housing market and humorous stories from the trenches.
3 ways to submit
We get it – sitting down to write the amazing ideas floating around your head can be time-consuming for some and downright painful for others. BAM gives contributors three options to submit an idea:
- Write your blog. The first option is pretty standard – write your blog or article in a Google Doc or Word Doc and submit it to email@example.com.
- Send a video. If you prefer talking to writing, this one may be for you. Send a completed video to firstname.lastname@example.org. The video should include a hook or introduction, key points and a brief conclusion.
- Schedule an interview with a ghostwriter. If you have a loose script in mind, but don’t know where to start, contact email@example.com to schedule an interview with a ghostwriter.
HELPFUL TIPS & GUIDELINES
- Write in a friendly, conversational tone. In other words, make it sound like you!
- Ideal word count is 500-1,000 words.
- Start with a headline.
- Keep your introduction brief, aiming to hook the reader right away.
- Use subheadings for key points or takeaways. This helps the reader scan the article.
- Use short paragraphs, lists and/or bullet points to convey information in a concise way.
- Attribute any quoted or paraphrased information with a link to the source. When quoting a source, be sure to put quotation marks around the exact quote.
- If quoting a person directly, mention how this information was conveyed to you. If it was from another article, link to the article. If it was in conversation, an email, text or social media, note that in your piece.
- PDFs, charts, and screenshots can be shared, especially if they will be helpful in the fact-checking process.
- Proofread your article before submitting it. Better yet, have someone else proofread for you!
- Accompanying images are optional (we’ll include one if you don’t). If you submit a stock photo, ensure it’s royalty-free and able to be shared and modified for marketing/commercial purposes.
WHAT TO EXPECT
After submitting a piece, BAM’s editors will review it for content. An editor may reach out requesting more information, edits or links. On occasion, a submission may not fit with BAM’s content. If that is the case, we will let you know.
Once we have everything needed from you, one of BAM’s editors reach out with a targeted publish date (pieces will go live on or around that date). BAM will then complete a final edit and fact-check. We edit for style, clarity, accuracy, spelling and grammar.
Once edited, your piece will go live! Be sure to check nowbam.com for your submission so you can share it across your social platforms.